Katrina, thanks again for the career coaching sessions. I found that they were most insightful and you always treated me with courtesy and respect. I am confident the actions I take from here will spark my career into life.
People affected by involuntary job loss often have very specific needs in navigating their individual career transition which can be best supported by a formal Outplacement Program.
Making this a positive experience for employees and organisations is one of Katrina’s strengths.
The benefits of outplacement services for organisations includes easing stress for managers involved in the notification process, helping maintain staff morale by demonstrating genuine, ongoing assistance for those involved, protecting organisational reputation and providing an objective solution to assist the individuals’ transitions along with the business needs of the organisation.
GENERAL OUTPLACEMENT PROGRAM
- A minimum of 3–5 face-to-face coaching sessions tailored to meet individual needs. Coaching sessions are focused, yet can be flexible to meet priorities and needs.
- Optional career awareness and skills assessments to underpin the coaching process. Katrina targets these assessments to obtain objective information that she then uses to identify suitable job fit, career goals, search strategy, professional branding and career development plans.
Among the online tools Katrina uses are Edgar Schein’s Career Anchors Assessment; Myers Briggs Type Indicator; and Profiles XT “JobFit” Assessment.
EXECUTIVE OUTPLACEMENT PROGRAM
For more senior executive, defence or longer-serving staff, a minimum of 6 face-to-face coaching sessions is recommended. Program is tailored to meet individual needs based on:
- career strengths profile including results from professional career assessments
- career review and goal setting
- honing the elevator pitch and career statement
- career decision-making strategies and assistance
- professional appraisal of CV and LinkedIn profile
- job search and networking strategies
- identifying specialist recruitment consultants within the Canberra job market
- interview preparation, presentation and performance coaching, and
- mindfulness and positive psychology exercises for managing stress and improving resilience and confidence.
Sessions are generally delivered on a fortnightly basis to allow time for completion of research and homework but also to maintain consistency. This can be modified according to individual needs.