This was a great course as I learnt a lot of techniques to assist in my everyday life and, more importantly, for when the big things crop up such as managing conflict and accepting people and situations as they are, without judgement. Thank you.
Mindfulness is paying attention, on purpose, in a particular way, in the present moment, with non-judging awareness Jon Kabat-Zinn
Katrina teaches easy and practical mindfulness exercises for people to use straight away whether they are at work, home or even on holiday. These practices engage the five senses and expanded awareness of our everyday thought/mind patterns, physical and emotional feelings. Exercises range from simple breathing cycles to meditation practices from 30 seconds up to 30 minutes.
Mindfulness training can help participants to:
- become more aware of focusing on the present, rather than focusing on the past or worrying about the future
- integrate easy mindfulness exercises into everyday life to improve concentration, self-esteem and resilience
- balance their stress responses in a way that assists to calm and restore the nervous system
- recognise habitual thinking and interpersonal patterns and to proactively facilitate processes for change
- find greater sense of clarity, presence and peace of mind in their daily lives.
Each school term, Katrina presents Managing the Madness, a six-week mindfulness training program at Live Well Spa and Wellness Centre (Manuka). Click here for more details and dates of upcoming programs.