It is rare to do a course where the learnings and outcomes are so simple – curiosity, compassion, non-judgement and being present – yet are still so challenging to achieve. I have really loved the group, our weekly sessions and the CD's. Your questions were insightful and thought provoking. I could do the Five Mindful Breaths all day… and do! Thank you.
Do you see the glass as half empty or half full?
Do you focus on what is wrong with you, rather than that what is right?
Research shows that positive emotions broaden your sense of possibilities and open your mind, which in turn allows you to build new skills and resources. These skills and resources for psychological flexibility function as reserves that can be drawn on later to improve the odds of successful coping during times of stress.
Katrina’s workshops on positive psychology encourage participants to build on their strengths, values and motivations rather than weaknesses. Through their work with Katrina, participants discover ways of increasing meaning, energy, curiosity and enjoyment in their working lives which leads to improved well-being, resilience, productivity and satisfaction.
Workshops cover themes such as:
- pinpointing strengths and identifying limiting beliefs
- developing a positivity bias (learned optimism)
- using what’s meaningful to you as the lens for viewing your work life
- defining the enjoyable elements of work and exploring ways of multiplying them
- motivation, follow through and learning from mistakes
- rest and renewal – creating your own DIY Resilience Map
- nurturing relationships and connections
- savouring the good and cultivating gratitude in daily life
- paying it forward: how doing good for others is good for our physical and mental health.